If your app isn't displaying any dashboard information this may be a simple communications issue between the app and your Social Energy hub. There is nothing to worry about as your system will still be generating, storing and using energy but if you'd like to try and get the app back online yourself, you can do so by following these steps:
- Please can you check if the ethernet (internet) cable is plugged into the Social Energy Hub (the white box with the Social Energy logo on the front) properly, or if there are any internet issues. If the cable isn’t secure at both ends, you’ll need to turn off the Social Energy Hub, this can be done by lifting the small panel on the front and then flicking off the large switch labelled C63 (normally a double switch).
- Next, turn off your home internet router/modem and leave it off for 5 minutes to allow for a full shut down. Now secure the ethernet cable at both ends (to your router/modem and your Social Energy Hub) and turn your router back on. Wait at least a further 5 minutes, to allow it to power back up fully with a full internet connection showing no error lights.
- Finally switch back on the switch on the front of your Social Energy Hub and close the small panel. Once you’ve completed this, your Social Energy system should begin to work as normal.
- If step 1 does not work and you have a pair of TP Links or other powerline adapter (one will be plugged into a socket near your Social Energy Hub and the other near your router/modem) that connects your system to the internet, you will need to check that they are working correctly.
To do this, you will need to reset both TP Links/powerline adapters; the first step to do this is turning off the Social Energy Hub - this can be done by lifting the small panel on the front, then flicking off the large switch labelled C63 (normally a double switch).
- Next, turn off your home internet router/modem and leave it off for 5 minutes to allow for a full shut down and then turn it back on. Wait a further 5 minutes, to allow it to power back up fully with a full internet connection showing no error lights.
- Then you'll need to re-pair your TP Links/powerline adapters - see the video for a quick how to guide that works for the most common TP Links. If this guide doesn’t relate to the TP Link or other powerline adapter that you have, you can google search a manual for the model installed in your home (the brand and model number are normally shown on the front of the unit, or a label on the reverse).
- Once you've completed re-pairing, you can flick the switch back up on the Social Energy Hub, close the panel and things should start work as normal.