What do I do if I think I have a gas leak? If you think you have a gas leak, the first thing you should do is make yourself safe. Turn off your gas, at the meter if possible, and then call the National Gas Service Emergency Line on 0800 111 999. To stay safe Don't smoke Don't light matches or cigarette lighters Don't turn light switches or anything electrical on or off, including using mobile phone Put out any naked flames such as candles Open all the doors and windows What should I do if I have a power cut? If you have a power cut, call 105 to be put you through to your local power distributor. They look after the wires connecting you to the grid and will get the power back on for you ASAP. Go to www.powercut105.com for more info on cuts to your power and to find out who your local network operator is. What should I do if my Gas isn’t working? If none of your gas appliances are working but you don’t smell gas, then you should call National Grid Metering on 0800 001 4340. They’ll walk you through the next steps and (if necessary) arrange for your gas meter to be exchanged. What should I do if my electricity isn’t working? If your electricity goes off, but you're not sure if it's a power cut in your area, there are a few steps you can take to see if it's a power cut or a fault in your home. The easiest way to do this is to see if your neighbours still have electricity and to check your fuse box to make sure the master switch is on. If your neighbours have power, then it could be a fault in your home. Your trip switch may have turned itself off. If it has, try turning it back on. If it switches off again then one of your electrical appliances may be faulty. Your trip switch turns itself off to make sure you don't get injured by a faulty appliance. Once you've found the faulty appliance and turned it off, your power should stay on. Have you only lost power in parts of your home? You may have a fault with your electrical wiring somewhere, so call a qualified electrician as soon as possible. If your neighbours don't have power either, then it may be a power cut. Your local distributor is responsible for ensuring the reliability of supply to your property. If you need to report it, call 105 to get through to the local network operator who look after the power lines in your area. If none of these solve your problem, please contact us.