In short, no, there’s nothing to worry about even Public Health England have concluded there is no risk to health from a SMART meter in your home. SMART meters work the same way as a mobile phone or other Wi-Fi enabled device. The difference is they only work in small bursts and are much further away from your body. This means much fewer low frequency radio emissions than your mobile phone.
Articles in this section
- Smart Meter Instructions & Energy Efficiency Guide
- Do I need to have a Smart meter?
- Smart Metering Installation Code of Practice
- What does ‘No WAN’ or ‘No HAN’ mean?
- Can smart meters be hacked?
- Are smart meters bad for my health?
- Will my supply be switched off when a smart meter is installed?
- When will I get my second generation (SMETs2) smart meter?
- I already have a smart meter; do I still need a new smart meter?
- Do I need to be home for a smart meter installation?