For customers who are elderly, disabled, chronically sick, have a child under 5, or need extra support to manage their energy supply, there are certain services we provide to make things a little easier. These additional services are free of charge and are detailed below:
- Receive communications in a format suitable for you - including large print, braille or an online version you can zoom into
- Receive additional support during an emergency
- Customers who inform us they have vital medical equipment at home will receive early notice of planned network maintenance which may temporarily disrupt your energy supply
Before you join Social Energy our team will ask you some questions to see if you're eligible for Priority Services. We understand that circumstances change, so once you've joined us you can contact us at any time to check if you're eligible.
To register for Priority Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll send you a form to complete. Simply send the completed form back to us and we'll do the rest.
If you let us know that a member of your household needs extra care, or we believe that this is the case, we will register you for Priority Services to make sure you get a service that suits you. This is in line with Energy UK’s ‘safety-net’ procedures.
Please be aware that whether or not you are registered for Priority Services, if we believe you need extra care or are in danger of being cut off, we will record that in our information and may share it with relevant healthcare organisations and Energy distributors or transporters. We will never use Priority Services for marketing purposes.
If you answer yes to any of the below questions, you are eligible for Priority Services:
- Do you or anyone in the household have a disability?
- Are you or anyone in the household chronically sick?
- Do any children under 5 years of age live in the household?
- Are you a dependent carer?